I (Representatives of Foreign Media)
- I media visa is a nonimmigrant visa for foreign media persons travelling to U.S. engaging in their profession.
- Media person occupations include reporters, film crews, editors and similar occupations.
- Represent a foreign information media outlet including press, radio, film, or other foreign information media.
- Come to the United States to engage solely in this profession; and
- Have a home office in a foreign country.
Period of Stay:
- The period of stay will be determined at the port of entry. Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, will indicate a specific end date for the authorized period of stay.
- Extension is allowed by filing a Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status.
- Spouse and children under the age of 21 may accompany or follow to join an I nonimmigrant.
- Spouses and dependents may not work in the United States on a derivative I visa, but can study in the United States without applying for an F-1 nonimmigrant student visa.